Post Wedding

  1. Marriage Certificate: You are married, but where’s the proof? Twelve weeks after you say ‘I do’ contact the Ontario Government for your marriage certificate. I recommend doing this online for fast results. Link to Gov. of Ontario Information
  2. Name Change: To change your last name, downloadthe Application to Change an Adult’s Name, fill it out, then mail in the completed form and required documents to ServiceOntario at: Office of the Registrar General PO Box 3000 189 Red River Rd, 3rd Flr Thunder Bay, ON  P7B 5W0

You will need:

  • your marriage certificate
  • your current photo health card and/or driver’s licence
  • if you do not have a photo health card, you must also bring three original documents to prove your Canadian citizenship, that you are an Ontario resident and to prove your personal identity

Link to Gov. of Ontario Information